Development Manager, The Global LPG Partnership
Posted: July 25, 2017
Location: New York, NY, USA
Field: International Development, Infrastructure, Energy
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Category: Prospect research and donor cultivation, major gifts, annual fund, corporate and foundation relations, fundraising administration, grant seeking, other fundraising and special events.
Employment Level: Full-time
The Global LPG Partnership (GLPGP) is a growing international partnership established in 2012 under the auspices of the United Nations Sustainable Energy for All Initiative. While international in scope, it operates out of the U.S. through a non-profit 501(c)(3) Secretariat headquartered in New York City.
GLPGP is seeking to hire a Development Manager to play a key role in GLPGP's ongoing fundraising activities and to help grow its existing donor base. He/she will be responsible for planning and undertaking key fundraising operations including prospect research and donor cultivation (corporate, foundation and high net worth individuals), grant proposal writing, grants management, special events, and other administrative duties.
The Development Manager will be a detail-oriented problem-solver. He/she should be comfortable both in an office environment and managing external engagement with donor prospects, be able to work independently while being part of a team, be able to manage interns and co-workers in event planning, and possess the highest levels of integrity with a mature attitude reflective of the professional standards of the organization. At least five years of progressively responsible experience - with a clear track record of success - in non-profit development is required. Some familiarity with international issues or operating in an international development organization a plus.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible development experience and track record
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
- Strong manager with ability to plan, execute and delegate effectively
- Highly motivated self-starter with flexible, positive, can-do attitude
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Resourceful and creative problem-solver
- Demonstrated ability to manage and meet deadlines
- Diplomatic, with excellent relationship-building skills
- Must be able to work in a highly entrepreneurial environment as part of a small but growing US and international team
- Knowledge of fundraising in an international development context a plus
- Word, Excel and PowerPoint required; knowledge of fundraising and design software a plus
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree required; Master's degree and/or CFRE preferred.
This is a full time exempt position. Salary commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to email@example.com
No phone calls or recruiters, please. Eligible candidates will be contacted by phone or e-mail for an interview.
GLPGP is an equal opportunity employer.